Are you looking for an inspirational, loving, and grateful retirement message? We’ve put together over 200 retirement quotes, wishes, and sayings. These are the perfect words to help you express your congratulations on a retirement card, in a speech, or comment at the retirement party.
- Simple Retirement Wishes
- Retirement Message for Dad
- Retirement Message for Mom
- Retirement Message for Coworker
- Retirement Wishes for a Doctor
- Retirement Messages for a Nurse
- Retirement Wishes for a Teacher
- Retirement Wishes for Wife
- Retirement Wishes for Husband
- How To Write a Retirement Card Step by Step
- FAQ – Retirement
Simple Retirement Wishes
- We wish you all the very best for the coming years. Congratulations on your retirement!
- All the best for a marvelous retirement! Enjoy your new chapter in life, where you become your own boss.
- As one chapter ends, another begins, welcome to your new-found freedom!
- Happy retirement wishes! Wishing you all the best in your new retired life.
- Congratulations on your retirement. You’ve had a distinguished career, and now it’s time for an enjoyable retirement!
- I wish that your retirement will be everything you dreamed that it would be.
- Retirement is an extended coffee break. Enjoy your coffee!
- The joy indeed begins in retirement! Congratulations on achieving your retirement goal.
- The difficulty with the retired life is that you never really get a day-off.
- Now you never have to ask for a day-off. Happy Retirement!
- Retirement is another chapter in your life’s journey. Enjoy the journey.
- Enjoy your well-deserved time off. Well done on reaching your retirement!
- Wishing you all the peace and joy retirement can bring!
- Wishing you happy and healthy days in your retired years.
- We hope that your retirement is filled with relaxation, fun, and family time.
- You made it! Congratulations on your retirement, we’ll miss you around the office.
Retirement Message for Dad
- You worked very hard every day to provide for us. Now its time to have a restful, fun and vibrant retirement!
- Have fun with your new-found freedom! Wishing you and Mom’s retirement is a dream come true! – Dad, thanks for all you’ve done for us.
- Dad, may the joy you gave us be returned to you in bunches every single day of your retired life. Congratulations to you and Mom.
- Dad, may the joy you gave us be returned to you every single day of your retired life. We love you!
- Congratulations Dad, May this time of your life bring you all the pleasure under the sun!
- Dad, may your retirement life be as sweet and satisfying. Thanks for being such a great provider.
- I wish you a joyful and healthy retired life; You deserve it Daddy!
- Dad, as you get this opportunity to rest from work, I wish you double health and wisdom to enjoy and guide your family into the happiness and success you have always desired.
- Dad. Now you will have enough time to spend with us and enjoy your life to the max. Happy retirement.
- Daddy, enjoy your retirement to the fullest and know that I love you immensely! Happy retirement!
- There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the sun. It’s your time to rest and enjoy the fruits of your outstanding service. Dad, thanks for everything you’ve done for us – We Love You!
When your Father retires it is time to acknowledge a lifetime of work and dedication. He has provided for you and the family with long hours and possibly stressful times. Now is the time to thank him and wish him well. Your Father needs to know that he can now focus on himself. He can enjoy hobbies, sports and activities he didn’t have time for during his working years. Let your message tell him that he has a right to enjoy the fruits of his hard work. Most of all, let him know that you support and love him during this change in his life.
Retirement Message for Mom
- Mom, you’ve worked hard for many years at home and your job. It is time to take a break – Congratulations!
- As you retire, remember you are loved by all of us. We know you and Dad will enjoy the new lifestyle. Enjoy!
- Mom, I am so proud of your successful career. You have been a mentor to me, and I appreciate it.
- Congratulations on your retirement! Mom, I know sunshine and beauty fill each day.
- I pray that each day of your retired life would be filled with great blessings of good health and joy.
- Mom, we are so happy to see you retire so young. We are sure God will bless and guide you for many years. Happy retirement.
- You had an enjoyable and successful work life and still had time to guide us and be our absolute best friend. Thanks, and happy retirement.
- Retirement does not mean your work as a Mom is done. Though we live apart, Ill always call you for advice and inspiration.
- Congratulations on your retirement! Mom, now you have time to do everything you “really” enjoy!
- We wish you happiness, success and good health as you begin your new adventure! Mom, we love you and are so happy for you.
Mothers dedicate their lives to their families. Cooking, cleaning, fetching and carrying children to and from school. Many working Mothers have had extra stress trying to balance a career and a family for many years.
Now is the time to let your Mother know that she can relax, sit back and enjoy her well earned rest. Encourage her to take up a hobby or activity that she didn’t have time for. Acknowledge all the hard work and sacrifices she made for the family. Most of all, let her know that you support and love her during this change in her life.
Retirement Message for Coworker
- Many years of dedicated service and hard work have paid off. Congrats on retiring and enjoy your newfound independence!
- All the best for a fabulous retirement! Enjoy this new chapter in your life, where you become your own boss.
- Are you seriously retiring already? It seems like you just started yesterday. You will be deeply missed, my friend!
- I can’t imagine you not being in the plant and hearing your laughter. Thank you for being a valued member of our team. It is truly appreciated!
- Never again will you have to face Monday Mornings! Every day is like the weekend now! Lucky You.
- You leave your old boss in the past after retirement and start life with your new boss, your wife. Good luck, my friend!
- What do you call a person who is happy on Monday? Retired.
- Now that you got your supervisor off your back you can do what you want, when you want, as long as your wife approves of course. Thanks for being my work buddy.
- You’re a great friend and teammate, congratulations on your retirement!
- You exemplify hard work and enthusiasm. Thanks for bringing joy to our workplace. You will be missed.
Co-workers form an important part of your life and you probably spend more time with them than you do with your family. The retirement of a co-worker changes the dynamics of the workplace and your day-to-day interactions.
Let your co-worker know how much you appreciate his contribution to the team. Acknowledge the time and dedication he gave to the job. Tell him that he will be difficult to replace and that his knowledge, abilities and skills will be missed. Then congratulate him on reaching this milestone and let him know that this time is me-time, to forget about the office, relax and enjoy the time away from work.
Retirement Wishes for a Doctor
- After a flourishing vocation as a doctor, It’s time to relax and enjoy the simple things – Congratulations on your well-deserved retirement
- Your career as a doctor has left the world a better place. Wishing you the best during your retirement years
- You’ve proven that both a successful career and family can be achieved May blessings, joy, and contentment follow you in your retirement
- You created a legacy as a doctor that is unmatched among your peers – Congratulations on a beautiful career.
- Doctor, you were always busy and productive – Thanks for helping soo many people and always being there for our family.
- After years of hard work and dedication to others, It’s time to enter into a new phase of life.
- You’ve given so much during your years as a doctor – Congratulation and God Bless You in Retirement
- A doctor life is full of long hours and sometimes complex cases and you made it look easy – Wish you all life’s best as you begin your retirement
- Wishing you all the best in your retirement. Thank you for being a GREAT Doctor.
Learning about the retirement of your doctor can be stressful for you! This is a person who has supported you over many years and through difficult times in your life. Perhaps he delivered your children or stood by you when you were bereaved.
Acknowledging his retirement requires heartfelt thanks and meaningful good wishes. Highlight the respect you have for him, his work and dedication. Acknowledge a life of long hours where he always put others first. Let him know that this is the time for him to relax, slow down, enjoy the peace and reflect on a life that had such an immense impact on so many people.
Retirement Messages for a Nurse
Save one life, you’re a hero.
Save 100 lives, you’re a nurse.
- God put seeds of love and kindness in the gateways of your heart the day you graduated from Nursing School. It worked; you were a magnificent nurse. Happy Retirement
- You have been a strong and courageous nurse for over 35 years. It is your turn to relax and enjoy the many wonders of retirement.
- A retired nurse stops living at work and starts working at living — Congratulations.
- Your patients may not remember exactly what you did or what you do, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
- Congratulations on a dedicated nursing career.
- Thank you for your soothing smile, healing touch and caring ways. Happy Retirement!
- Thank you to a wonderful nurse who lived a life of Honor, Dignity, and Distinction at the hospital and home. God Bless and Enjoy!
- You have been a man of compassion and dedicated work and have been one of the gems of our hospital. I wish you all the luck for your future retirement.
- Enjoy the next chapter of your life. You can be proud of an incredible nursing career. You always provided our patients with an environment of comfort and support.
A nurse is a special person who has seen you through hardship, suffering and hopefully recovery. Acknowledging a nurse’s retirement requires heartfelt thanks for her dedication to her patients. Tell her that the long hours she gave were greatly appreciated.
Commend her on a life of giving selflessly to others. Now is the time to put herself first and enjoy all those things she didn’t find time for. Caring for others is over and now it is her time to care for herself and be cared for by family and friends. Wish her peace, joy and happiness in this new phase of life.
Retirement Wishes for a Teacher
- To the world’s best teacher – have a fantastic retirement!
- You have helped so many students to become a better version of themselves. Happy Retirement!
- You will forever be remembered not only as a teacher but also as a great mentor. Happy retirement!
- The knowledge you have shared with me is priceless. I will remember your valuable lessons for the rest of my life. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Words cannot describe how blessed we are for being among your students. We will genuinely miss your teaching skills! We wish you good health and lots of fun in retirement!
- Congratulations on many years of teaching. You inspired me, my friends, and so many generations. Thank you and best wishes for your retirement.
- You were smart, fair, and friendly – Thanks for helping us all. God bless and have a wonderful retirement.
- You instilled good character and respect for one another. You gave us the freedom to grow and the ability to stand alone. Thanks for being a great teacher. We will miss you – ENJOY!
- Twenty years ago, you changed my life in so many ways. You taught me the values that make me a good husband and father. Thanks – You’re The Best Teacher Ever.
- Proverb – “A child is not a vessel to be filled, but a lamp to be lit”. My lamp is still lit, thanks for caring when I was in 7th grade. Enjoy Retirement.
Teachers have a profound influence on our lives. They shape our dreams and future and offer guidance in hard times. When your teacher retires, it is time to acknowledge her hard work and selfless dedication to the profession. Thank her for the individual attention she gave and the patience she showed.
A great retirement message is to remind her of an anecdote in the classroom that was funny or memorable! Thank her on behalf of the class and the school and let her know that her wisdom will be dearly missed. A teacher deserves her retirement years. Wish her happiness, relaxation and the opportunity to pursue activities and
Retirement Wishes for Wife
- Congratulations on a fantastic career. You were always a proud, energetic, confident, beautiful, and independent woman. I love you; let’s enjoy the next chapter.
- You were a fantastic role model for our daughter and taught our son what to look for in a wife. Nice job – Happy Retirement!
- Congratulations on such a well-deserved milestone! Now we can travel, play with the grandchildren, volunteer or whatever we want.
- As the sun sets on your career, a new adventure begins. I am looking forward to enjoying our retirement years together. May our life be filled with the love of family and friends.
- To my beautiful wife on a hard-earned retirement. May the years ahead be filled with joy and happiness. I am looking forward to OUR new adventure.
- You should be proud of the work you have done. Your coworkers, leaders, and customers will miss you. Happy retirement – Love and kisses.
- Travel and adventure are just a few items on our list now that you are retiring! We will be able to live life on our terms and without an alarm clock. So congratulations to you on this very special day!
- Lazy mornings, breakfast in bed, working in the garden, and so much more! There is no doubt in my mind that your retirement will mark the most enjoyable years of your life. I cannot wait to share this special time with you. Congratulations to you on this very special day!
- Congratulations on a job well done. The years to come will bring us all the happiness we’ve ever imagined! Happy Retirement.
A wife who works deserves double accolades! She has spent years juggling the house, the children, the shopping, cleaning and caring for the family. Now is the time for your wife to relax and focus on the special things she enjoys.
Wish your wife well and say how you are there to support her. Tell her it is fine to put herself first now. Thank her for years of work and dedication. Make sure that she still feels special, loved and needed. Tell her how proud you are of what she has achieved and the difference her working days have made to the well being of the household.
Retirement Wishes for Husband
- I’m looking forward to spending our retirement years together.
- Honey, congratulations on your well-deserved retirement!
- Finally, it’s your time to leave the daily grind behind and enjoy the good life.
- A retired husband is often a wife’s full-time job. I need to get my Honey-Do’ list in order.
- I’m proud of the work you’ve done, the person you are, and the difference you’ve made. Darling, I Love You.
- Today is the first day of the rest of your life. I know you will excel at retirement just as you did as an employee, father, and husband. Partners forever!
A husband’s retirement changes the dynamics of the household. It is important to let him know that his life of work and dedication is now complete and he can spend time doing the things he enjoys. Your husband must feel loved and respected, especially if you are still working.
Acknowledge his years of providing for you and the family. Thank him for all the sacrifices made. Talk about the fact that you will now have more time to spend together, free of worry, business, bosses, coworkers and outside obligations. You have been partners through this journey of life and this is the next stage!
How To Write a Retirement Card Step by Step
Reaching retirement age for many people is a joyous event. They have planned, prepared and are ready for this new phase in their lives. For others, it can be an uncertain time of worry or concern over finances.
If you have a family member, close friend or colleague who is retiring, a retirement card will acknowledge this change. It can be fun, serious, formal or motivating. Your tone will depend on the person and circumstances.
Here are some guidelines to help you create a meaningful retirement card.
- Set The Tone – You need to understand the circumstances of the retirement. Was it planned by choice as an event to look forward too? Perhaps it is a company business policy, and the person still feels capable and is now depressed. Possibly it is due to illness. Each circumstance is very different and will determine what you say in the card.
- Share Your Happiness for the Retiree – In most cases, you want to express your happiness and wish the retiree fun and excitement in their new life. Offer exuberant ‘Congratulations’ for ‘getting this far’. Say how they should look forward to exploring new adventures. Talk about how they will now have time for themselves, family, grandchildren, new hobbies, new interests and travel. Make the person feel that this phase of life will be more exciting than the years they spent working.
- Share a Favorite Story – If you are writing to a work colleague, mentioning a memorable event in the workplace makes a great sentimental story. Let them know how they were admired, and how they inspired others in the team.
For a family member or friend, a favorite memory always works well. Recall an incident that people will remember and talk about it. Funny stories make people smile and add a feel-good ambiance.
They will appreciate the fact you recalled the event and that it made an impact.
- Recognize a Major Accomplishment – Recognizing a significant accomplishment in the retiree’s work life or private life makes them feel special and appreciated. For a business colleague, tell them how their contribution to the team will be missed. You can talk about special awards or achievements they earned.
For a family member or friend, highlight great moments in their lives when they reached goals or overcame challenging personal obstacles. It will boost their confidence and reinforce the idea that they are still capable.
- Express well-wishes for the future – Knowing the retiree’s plans makes your card so much more authentic and meaningful. Are they moving into a retirement village or downscaling their home? Have they planned that long-awaited luxury cruise? Maybe they want to pursue a hobby that they never found time for. Perhaps they are looking forward to spending days shopping, reading, relaxing, or studying something new.
Mention this in your card as a positive and comment on it. Knowing that you are aware of their plans adds a wonderful personal touch.
- Heartfelt Closing – Offer sincere good wishes. You can be formal or light-hearted. Find a great joke if it is appropriate to the circumstances. Make the person feel positive about this new phase of life and let them know that you are thinking of them.
A business colleague will be missed. A family member may become a greater part of your daily life. Adapt your closing accordingly and end on an upbeat note!
FAQ – Retirement
How much money should you give for a retirement gift?
– Distant relative or co-worker – $25-$50
– Friend or relative, $40-$75
– Closer Relative, up to $150.
What is the best time to retire?
Today, you can start receiving retirement benefits at age 62, and the full benefit age is 66 years and two months.